Monday, August 19, 2013

Kale Chips

I'm going to be honest, I don't like it but I know it's a power food and I find ways to eat it everyday. Let's put it this way, Kale is the Chuck Norris of all vegetables. It's low in calories, high in fiber, has zero fat, high in iron, high in Vitamin K/C/A, is filled with powerful antioxidants, it's a great anti-inflammatory food, great for cardiovascular support, high in calcium and it's a great detox food. It's amazing how a simple leafy green can be so good for us.

On my quest to eat more of this nutritional powerhouse, I finally baked some Kale Chips. No, there not as good as Doritos but they are crispy, nutritious, and it's a guilt free snack. Plus Doritos smell like stinky feet, yuck. (Just kidding, chips are my weakness, but I'm making better decisions now days so I'll stick with my kale chips). 

Ingredients:

Kale (preferably Organic)
Olive oil
Sea salt
Black Pepper
That's it!



Remove thick stems, tear into bite size pieces, wash and drain, dry thoroughly, drizzle olive oil, season with sea salt, sprinkle black pepper, mix well and spread onto baking pan. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 5-10 min or until dark green & crispy. I baked mine for 10 minutes. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!   



 Cheers to a healthy life style!



No comments:

Post a Comment